subota, 25. studenoga 2017.

I ordered an engagement ring from Glamira (part 2)

As it often happens, I got severely delayed with writing the follow-up article.

TL;DR

Pretty OK. The delivered ring matches specifications. Customer service not on the highest level.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I took about a week for a ring to get made, and then couple of days for delivery. All things considered, the delivery is quick.

I took the ring to a local gemologist and they confirmed all of the ring stated characteristics. This was a free of charge appraisal and they did say that I might have gotten a bit worse color than stated in the specifications but also that it isn't something to be worried about because it happens very often it's practically normal.
Overall, an expert opinion was that I got good value for money, which was all I came to hear.

Moving on...
It turned out that I ordered the wrong ring size, it was too big. I contacted Glamira to arrange the return for resizing.

Also, after discussing it with my fiancée, we decided it would be better to have 14ct gold instead of 18ct, and to have a slightly larger stone. The price would remain the same. So, we explicitly stated these requests in the form that we sent back along with the ring.

I spent around $50 for shipping to return the ring.

Here we encountered some problems.
The ring originally comes with a black tag attached to it. Without carefully reading the instructions, I cut the tag when I was about to present the ring to my girlfriend.
It turns out that was a mistake. I should not have cut the black tag.

After you cut the tag, you can no longer exchange the ordered ring for a different one. You can only resize the existing one.

This would not have been such a big deal, but for the way they have handled this entire situation. My requests were very clearly stated in the form paper I attached with the package. There couldn't have been any ambiguity about what I wanted from them.

What they did was, they resized the ring, and sent it back, and without contacting me completely disregarded half of my instructions.

I had couple of phone calls with Glamira about this after they've already shipped the ring back to me.

Anyway, I was pretty angry at the time.
But the ring came back in perfect size, so I kind of made peace with it.

Hope this helps.

3 komentara:

  1. Pozdrav Andro! I wanted to know does the ring, after more than one year since you bought it, still look the same. Did it lost its appearance? I found some reviews where people say that the stone became blurry etc.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I understand you wanted a resize,but metal change how you imagine them to change your metal you customised your ring and you got what you paid for thats a job from 0 .if you want different metal and stone size order another ring.

    OdgovoriIzbriši